Translate

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Our dysfunctional family Thanksgiving

 OUR DYSFUNCTIONAL FAMILY THANKSGIVING

I don't know if anyone else is as emotionally unprepared for this Thanksgiving as I am.  Don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm dreading it or anything, it just totally snuck up on me.  It will be the 1st Thanksgiving I haven't worked in 4 years.  My son is in Colorado, my daughter's extended family celebrated last week, and my family and I haven't celebrated together since my mom passed on, 7 years ago!  My sister and brother, and I have mended fences, which has been a huge relief, but I still haven't really spent time with her children.  My daughter kind of invited herself, which includes me, so today we will all get together.  Our family is kind of infamous for our holiday "brawls".   When I say brawls, I am really not exaggerating.  Were talking putting some of those holiday movies to shame,  but with my mom and little brother gone now, maybe that will be a thing of the past. I really hope so, I really don't like all the drama anymore, comes with age I think (I'd also add maturity, but who am I kidding), so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I hope you all have a fabulously delicious and decadent Thanksgiving feast, and I will be posting pics of the before and after of my 100 year old buffet at the end of the week.

Happy Thanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment